Digital X-Rays Enable Safe, Effective Treatment Planning
We use digital x-rays at our Rockville, MD, practice to provide accurate diagnoses and carefully planned treatment with the utmost safety. At the practice of Victor R. Siegel, DDS, digital x-rays are used for new and existing patients to identify issues that are often undetectable with a visual exam alone. Compared to traditional x-rays, this advanced technology involves far less radiation and provides high-resolution computer imaging for faster, more precise assessments. Typically performed biannually or yearly, x-rays can also help create a baseline for doctors to monitor any changes in your teeth and gums.
Why Dental Technology is Important
As part of your routine visit, digital x-rays simply allow Dr. Siegel to provide a higher level of care. Having digital x-rays performed every six to 12 months helps Dr. Siegel and his team:
- Locate tooth decay and cavities in the earliest stages
- Detect gum disease
- Monitor the overall health and development of your teeth, gums, and jawbone
- Formulate treatment plans
- Recommend restorative and cosmetic procedures
It is important to know that if you are at a high risk of developing an oral disease or experiencing any symptoms of tooth decay, x-rays may need to happen more frequently.
We use digital x-rays at our practice to provide accurate diagnoses and carefully planned treatment with the utmost safety.
Whether your dental health needs are minor or extensive, time is always of the essence. We believe that by adopting the latest technology, we can provide more efficient care and prevent more serious, costly issues from developing.
Traditional vs. Digital X-Rays
Digital x-rays have several advantages over traditional x-rays, such as:
- A streamlined process with instant results
- The moment the x-ray is taken, it is uploaded to a computer screen in the treatment room in a matter of seconds, eliminating wait time. This is extremely beneficial for both the patient and the dentist in delivering quick treatment and results, especially when a dental filling or root canal therapy is necessary.
- Less radiation
- In most cases, digital x-rays provide anywhere from 50 percent to 80 percent less radiation than traditional x-rays, making it much safer for the patient.
- High-resolution imaging
- Once the image is uploaded, advanced computer technology and software gives the dentist the ability to magnify and enhance the image for easy detection of dental changes and abnormalities. Meanwhile, if your case calls for a referral to a specialist, we can instantly transmit your x-rays to another practice.
- Less waste
- Digital x-rays require no chemicals or film, making this a much "greener" approach than traditional x-rays.
Learn More about Our Dental Technology
At the practice of Victor R. Siegel, DDS, we pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of dental care using advanced technology. Digital x-rays are an invaluable tool in providing both immediate and ongoing dental health care. Contact our office or call (301) 963-4330 today to schedule your consultation and learn more.